Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nimili in ocachi niquitzinin de nochten

In Spanish: La milpa mia es la mas chica de todo.
In English: My field is the smallest of all.

This complicated caption was assisted by one of my dictionaries which had an example on page 180 of a complete expression. I have only changed 'nehua' to 'nimili'. This dictionary has been very useful because of the numerous phrases that demonstrate use of the words. The key word providing this phrase was 'quitzinin' which I found in the spanish-to-nahuatl section of the book under the word 'pequeno'. This illustrates the geat utility of this dictionary which has no English but can be used with an English-to-Spanish list of key words.

This is also a picture of my rooftop photographic laboratory that provides the model seeds sprouting at the end of February 2008.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, Mexico
I am a retired Physical Scientist returning to my early interests in Social Science. I now live in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico; and another home in Rosarito Beach, Mexico; and other homes of friends in San Diego, Ca.