Sunday, January 6, 2008

TWIN CITY TALES

is the name of a book by Lindsay Jones which explores another lure. There is a pyramid in Tula, Hidalgo which has strong similarities to another pyramid in Chichen Itza on the yucatan penninsula.

The similarity has been a lure for many generations of those who want to understand the meaning of Toltequity. I have a copy of the book that I am attempting to read again since releasing my extreme attachment to the lure of wisdom which I explained in the previous posting on this blog. It is difficult to read because it was written as a doctoral thesis and it contains a multitude of footnotes which interrupt the flow of the text many times. I have been diligent and have continued reading the book even though it does not answer my questions about the meaning of life. It does not even pretend to be a complete analysis of Toltec culture. It does provide references to a multitude of interesting source documents throughout the footnotes.

The lures continue to attract my attention but I have released any expectation that any study will reveal the wisdom of the Toltec culture. The book does often mention that the lure is related to the wisdom of the Toltec culture. Many foootnotes refer to the wisdom but they do not reveal the wisdom in the books referenced. The books that are referenced report on their searches of othes but do not disclose details of the objective of their search.

Any lure which promises a simple answer is very likely to present a new problem. I have lost any expectation that there are simple answers. The search is the answer itself, for itself. I enjoy the search but do not know the object of the search!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, Mexico
I am a retired Physical Scientist returning to my early interests in Social Science. I now live in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico; and another home in Rosarito Beach, Mexico; and other homes of friends in San Diego, Ca.