Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Xihuitl 9 Tecpatl, Trecena 1 Ehecatl, Tonalli 7 tochtli, 5 March 2008 Two pigs, one turtle


Nahuatl: Ome pitzi, Cem ayotzi
Spanish: Dos cerdos, Uno tortuga
English Two pigs, one turtle

This is the first three animals that I intended to offer for sale on E-Bay. They are made in guerrero by native wood carvers and then decorated by artisan Tomas Jimenez from Oapan, Guerrero.

Well, Maybe they will be offered. They cost me $10.00 US dollars each. I bought them because this hard working artist-father is providing resources for three children to have an education in the public schools in San Miguel de Allende. The public schools mandate uniforms and books before the free education is provided. His children speak Nahuatl at home and Spanish at school.

I once had an account on E-Bay. Time has passed and memories have faded. I may just keep these animals! You can place a comment on the blog if you want them.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, Mexico
I am a retired Physical Scientist returning to my early interests in Social Science. I now live in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico; and another home in Rosarito Beach, Mexico; and other homes of friends in San Diego, Ca.