Saturday, March 15, 2008

New reference to calendar, Xihuitl 9 Tecpatl, Trecena 1 Cuauhtli, Tonalli 4 Tecpatl

Yesterday I discovered the home page of another person with a focus on cultures as revealed by the calendar. This home page is a major addition to my blog about the calendar which I posted on Feb 24, 2008.

The study is published

by a very interesting geographer who writes about his adventures and misadventures in the academic world.

I have only read the first chapter as published on-line. It charms me with its literary humor and I hope to continue reading for the detailed description of the importance of the 260 day periodic sacred calendar. I continue to quote the calendar on these postings with hope that some will find the incentive to study its origins.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico, Mexico
I am a retired Physical Scientist returning to my early interests in Social Science. I now live in San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, Mexico; and another home in Rosarito Beach, Mexico; and other homes of friends in San Diego, Ca.